Friday, March 18, 2011

DSSCTM Chapter 20 Outtake


Chapter 20 Outtake: Sunday Night Phone Call

            My toes feel a little numb as I rub them together under the sheets. It’s freezing in this room. I debate about getting up to adjust the thermostat, but I feel like the air outside of my sheets and quilt are too cold to bear, and decide to snuggle in a little deeper, rather than turn up the heat.
            Don’t stand, don’t stand so, don’t stand so close to me,” my phone sings. It’s totally inappropriate, but the smile that this song brings to my face is wide and genuine. I sneak an arm out from under the covers—Jesus, it’s cold!—and grab my phone from the bedside table, answering it in the process.
            “Hello there,” I say. I hope I sound sexy.
            “Hi baby,” he says, and he sounds happy. My chest swells at the sound of his voice. I somehow feel a little more…whole?
            “How has your day been?” I ask, snuggling further into my sheets, pulling them practically over my head.
            “It’s been good,” he sighs. “I missed you. My family did, too.”
            “I doubt that.”
            “You shouldn’t. My mother thinks you’re quite an incredible young woman, and Emmett couldn’t shut up about you and that damn banjo. Even Rosalie said you’ve got a lot of talent. From her… that’s amazing.”
            I roll onto my side, laughing. “Rosalie said that? Jeeze, I guess it must be true,” I giggle, the sarcasm thick in my voice.
            “I spent some more time with her today, tried to convince her that you weren’t going to turn me into the authorities.”
            “Did she believe you?”
            “No, but I think there’s hope,” he sounds very relaxed, more relaxed than he’s been in days. “They left around 5:00 and at first, I was so relieved but now, it’s strange having an empty house again.”
            “I bet it’s sort of nice.”
            “It would be nicer if you were here with me.”
            I can’t help the smile on my face. “I’m glad you think so.”
            “So what did you think of them?” he asks. His voice…there’s something there. Is he nervous?
            “Your family?”
            “Yes.”
            “Edward, I thought they were wonderful.” I can tell he’s waiting for me to elaborate, so I do. “Your mother is so kind and wonderful, but I can tell she doesn’t take any shit from anyone, and I love that. I was watching her order Rose to have us stay at her house, and I thought she seemed like Superwoman,” I admit.
            Edward laughs loudly on the other end. “She thought you were a take-no-prisoners type of woman too. She respects that.”
            “And Jasper is great, of course. I mean, when I watch him with Alice, I can’t help but blush.”
            “I know what you mean,” he says. “I think we do the same thing to people.”
            “And Emmett really made me feel like a part of the family. Plus he’s so funny. And so different from how I’d expect him to be.”
            “What do you mean?” he asks.
            “Well, I mean, you look at him, this big, burly, professional football player, but then you talk to him and he’s really just like a big teddy bear.”
            “Yeah, he is. When he was little we called him the BFG.”
            I giggle. “That’s perfect!”
            “And I guess you didn’t have much to form an opinion of Rosalie, other than that she’s a nosy, bossy, lawyer.”
            “Actually,” I say, sinking further into my pillow, “while I don’t like what she said, I do like her loyalty to you. She’s obviously protective of you and I get that.”
            “You can say she’s a bitch, Bella. It’s okay. She would.”
            I laugh a little. Apparently my diplomacy is more transparent than I thought. “Okay, she’s a bitch.”
            Edward laughs at this, and it makes me wish I were with him in person right now. “So what did you do today?” he asks.
            “Homework, mostly. Charlie was only awake for the first fifteen minutes I was home, and then he crashed after working all weekend. Really, though, I just sat around, missing you.”
            “Sure you did,” he laughs. “Did Charlie ask you about your weekend at Alice’s?” He knows I don’t like lying to Charlie anymore than I have to.
            “No. Charlie doesn’t usually pry.”
            “That must be nice.”
            “It is.”
            “Are you nervous for tomorrow’s game?” Edward asks. I can hear a TV faintly on in the background, and I wonder if he’s in the living room or his bedroom.
            Am I nervous for tomorrow’s game? A little. I’m nervous to play in front of Edward, always. I’m nervous for Harvard to fly all the way out here and be disappointed. I’m nervous that at any moment, Coach V is going to tell the whole world that she read and photocopied my notebook and will expose Edward and I to the world. “Not really,” I say.
            “I’ll be there, but I have a quick meeting after school, so I may be a little late.”
            I smile. He’s so thoughtful. “That’s okay. If you’re busy you don’t have to come.”
            “Bella, I’m not going to miss your game. I’ll be there.”
            “Okay,” I don’t want to admit how much this relieves me. As nervous as his presence makes me, I’d rather he be there than not any day. “Do you think it’s a good idea for you to come to the games? Will people suspect anything?”
            “I don’t think so,” he says. “I’ve been going to a few soccer games, and I plan to go to the Homecoming football game on Friday, too. I figure if I go to all of them it will just seem like I’m a teacher out supporting his students.”
            Oh. “Is that why you come to my games? To support your students?” I ask, teasingly.
            “To support one student in particular, actually.”
            “Really? Wow. Must be some student,” I laugh.
            “She is, Miss Swan. She is.”
            “So what are you doing now?” I ask.
            “Lying in bed, watching Sports Center.”
            “Charlie would be proud.”
“What are you doing now?” he asks.
            The question, and the way he phrases it, are totally innocent, and yet, of course, I blush. “Snuggling in bed,” I answer softly.
            Edward seems to sense where I’m going with it, because his voice drops, too. “Really? Snuggling with whom?”
            “My quilt. I’m cold.”
            “I’m in my bed too,” he admits, softly.
            “I wish I was in your bed.”
            “Me too.”
            “If you were here…you could warm me up,” I say. It’s been too long since I felt his hands on me. I’ve become an Edward-addict.
            “Hmm…maybe I could do that,” he says. I hear him shifting around on the other end. “How would I warm you up?”
            “I don’t know,” I say. I move my hand down, and let it drift across my belly. “You could wrap your arms around me.”
            “I could do that,” he says. His voice has taken on a new timbre, and it gives me the chills. “What else could I do?”
            “You could run your hands along my body,” I say. My heart is already racing in anticipation of what’s to come.
            “Are you running your hands along your body now?” he asks.
            “Yes.”
            “I want you to run them between your legs.”
            I let out a whimper and do as I’m told, rubbing my palm at the apex of my thighs over my boy-shorts. “Yessss,” I hiss.
            “Hmm…how else could I warm you up?” he asks. I can tell he is touching himself as I listen to the rustles and grunts between his words.
            “Your…your lips,” I suggest. My hand is still working between my legs, causing my legs and arms to tingle.
            “Ah yes, my lips,” Edward says in a deep whisper. “I wish I could run my lips across your body right now, Bella. I want to taste you again, and soon.”
            “Oh, Edward,” I say. My pulse is rising quickly, my hand working feverishly between my legs. “Are you touching yourself?” I already know the answer, but I want to hear him say it.
            “Of course I am,” he grinds out. “The minute I heard your voice my dick was so fucking hard I thought I’d explode.”
            “Fuck, Edward!” I am already over the edge, my body letting its tightly wound coils to spring to life. I heave and pant into the phone as my whole world bursts with light.
            As I work to catch my breath, I notice Edward is still breathing heavily on the other line.
            “What else, Bella? How else could I warm you up?” his words are tight and strained, and my thoughts drift back to him in the shower, stroking himself. I think of the tight line of his jaw as his hand worked up and down, and my head starts to spin.
            “You…your…” I am breathing so heavily I can barely get the words out. “Your cock.”
            “Jesus, Bella, I fucking love listening to you talk that way.”
            “I want your cock inside of me, baby,” I purr. I love knowing I can turn him on.
            “Fuck, Bella. You’re gonna make me come!” he calls out.
            “Yes, baby, please come for me.”
            I listen to a series of swears and grunts from Edward until finally, it is just his breathing that flows into my ear.
            We don’t talk for a while, but just breathe, listening, until finally, I can tell that our inhaling and exhaling is synchronized. I feel a little light-headed, but I’m not as spent as I am after Edward gives me an orgasm himself. Nothing compares to those.
            Finally, after a moment, he sighs. “Did I warm you up?” he asks. I can tell he’s smiling.
            I smile, too. “Absolutely.”

No comments:

Post a Comment